:o]

DANCE as though no one is watching you,
LOVE as though you have never been hurt before,
SING as though no one can hear you,
LIVE as though heaven is on earth
DANCE as though no one is watching you,
LOVE as though you have never been hurt before,
SING as though no one can hear you,
LIVE as though heaven is on earth

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

The Ethnographhy

Leslie Moreno                                                                                                          Moreno 1
Professor Macklin
English 114A
12, October 2011
The Ethnography
For Facebook I chose my home page so it’s the news feed section. In the thirty minutes I was on not that much happen only a few people posted. Andrea Noelle Jackson posted “WHOAAA my facebook app is all different now….gotta get used to this.”  The second post was Il volo latinoamerica which was a picture post of one of the groups member with a little girl its labeled que bellos and the picture is called Mia&Il volo. Maria Teresa Silva Herrera commented “awwwwww q tiernos” I commented “so cute!” Ninoska Garcia Sanchez commented “Amo esta foto!! Se ven bellos!!!!” Bernarda Pace Rivas commented “que lindos” some other guy commented “ooooooo awww que ternura” Gina Hirasema Ginoble commented “Q TIERNOOO, es muy lindo Ignazio Boschetto Bis.” After that there was a post made by Andrea Noelle Jackson again saying, “Oh man...first college midterm in an hour...ohhh nervousness is kicking in blahhh” and Daniel Hernandez commented “Good luck! :D” Andrea responded “Thank u!! J” Maia Villa then posted “I am going to CARVE A PUMPKIN! In a few days” One of her friends, Davis Rodriguez-villa, commented “Hahahaha!!!” Andrea then posts to Maia “I MISS U….more than u knowJ” Emily Munoz added Woodrow Wilson High School, Los Angeles ’11 to her education. Ivette Gutierrez posted “ALAS IS SELLiNG HALLOWEEN GRAMS! you can buy them off ANY ALAS member (general & exec) theyre $1 each have any ?s message me or any other member(:” I commented “ill buy ten!” “……..well maybe just one lol :oP” she commented back saying “hahaha it comes with a bag of candy!!! U can buy as many as u want!!!” Itzel Salgado-Bautista posted “No school on Halloween :D” I commented back “Lucky!!!!!! I still have school…………..i think????” Johanna Lopez posted “Mean Girls ! >;D – with Stephanie Lopez. Angelica Pena posted “I need to do homework.” Catherine Meza posted “omfgosh….Lol todayy was too hot. -.-” Amelia Aguilar posted “Java chip frap with peppermint J hopefully I get home!!! Lmao my legs hurt like crazy !!- at starbucks” Andrea posted “Really my midterm grade lies in the hands of other people?! Really?!
            Due to the recent technological advancements in our society today, people rely on social networks such as facebook, twitter, and myspace to reach out to people whether its close friends or associates of some sort. The impact of the social impact on our society is that we could communicate efficiently instead of physically speaking however the impact on our society can drastically affect us in a negative or positive way. From watching Facebook I concluded that humans have weird minds. The post people put on were all random post though most of them were just post about what they are doing at that minute. I can’t really say that this social media is a good thing but I can’t really say that it is a bad thing. Personally I don’t fully understand the whole social media thing. I think humans think way too much about social medias and don’t take the time to live their lives. When people say live your life to the fullest and live day to day like there is no tomorrow I’m pretty sure they didn’t mean stare at a computer screen and gossip. Kids don’t even date anymore for them dating is chatting on the computer with their guys. It ruins the relationships between friends and partners and sometimes even between parents and their kids. The kids are so busy looking at what other people say they don’t try their best in school. What makes it worse is that now kids have apps so they can be on facebook 24/7, so even in the classrooms they aren’t concentrating. I think that social media is good but only if it doesn’t go to the extreme. I have a facebook but im not on it every minute trying to see what other people say because I don’t really care about their lives I care about mine and my families lives first. Now that I’m in college I don’t want to be wasting my time looking at a computer screen unless it means I am doing homework or research. I want to live my life to its fullest, day to day, and enjoy the beauty of nature. Facebook is fun sometimes but most of the time I prefer a good book and the wind blowing through my hair, I prefer life.
Works Cited:  "Facebook." www.facebook.com. N.p., n.d. Web. 13 Oct 2011.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment